AIA Florida has announced the 2012 AIA Florida/Caribbean Honor & Design Awards.
- Highland Recreation Center at Largo by Gould Evans
- “Into USF” Education Center by Robert MacLeod, AIA and Dr. Levent Kara, Assoc. AIA
- Mills 50 Bus Stop Shelter Prototype by Process Architecture, LLC
- Quogue House by Guy Peterson|OFA
- The Prairie Chapel by hughes|umbanhowar
Award of Excellence
- New Work – Icon Brickell and Viceroy Hotel (Mixed-use) by Arquitectonica
- New Work – Indian Creek House by Rene Gonzalez Architect
- New Work – Parasol House by Touzet Studio
- Additions – Florida International University US Century Bank Arena by Gould Evans
- Additions – Shelborne South Beach by ADD, Inc.
- Renovation – Soho Beach House by Shulman + Associates
- New Work – Caspersen Beach Restroom Pavilion by TOTeMS, Inc.
- New Work – East Los Angeles College, Performing & Fine Arts Complex by Arquitectonica
- New Work – St. Stephen’s Main Highway Pavilion by Jenifer Briley + Associates
- Additions – The Kettal Showroom by Mateu Architecture, Inc.
- Additions – Warehouse Structures by Chandler & Associates
- Additions – William H. Johnston Building at The Florida State University by Gould Evans
Theoretical & Research Design
- Designing on the 23rd Parallel by John Carino, Assoc. AIA
- Museum of Troy by Dr. Levent Kara, Assoc. AIA
COTE Sustainable Design Award
- Merit – High-rise Energy Office Renovations by Gensler
- Honor – St. Stephen’s Main Highway Pavilion by Jenifer Briley + Associates
- Bonaire House by Silberstein Architecture
Test of Time
- Luminaire Showroom by Mateu Architecture, Inc.
- Williers House by John Howey, FAIA
- Gold Medal – Donald T. Yoshino, FAIA (AIA Palm Beach)
- Silver Medal – Melody Bishop, AIA (AIA Jacksonville)
- Firm of the Year – MC Harry & Associates (AIA Miami)
- Allied Member of the Year – PGT Industries, Inc.
- Associate Individual Honor Award – Clarice Sollog, Assoc. AIA
- Bob Graham Architectural Awareness Award – Mayor Buddy Dyer, City of Orlando
- Photographer of the Year – Claudia Uribe